Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

qeustion on large products transport in vacuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roelof

Mechanical
May 12, 2005
NL
Hello
I am new in this environment and as a start I do have next problem.

I am starting on development of a new production line for products to handle max 2000*2000*300 with a weight of 150 kg.s

The products are being procesed in vacuum environment of 5 Pa (0.05 mBar). The process is rather dirty but once the products are processed they have to stay clean.
This means no polution from the transport system.

Vacuum chamber (modular) have a height of 2500 mm and a dept of 35o mm. The total vaccum chamber lenght is approximately 17 meters and the total conveyor length has to be about 40 meters.

We are thingking of transporting with carriers on two paralell shafts (round 40mm) and rolling the carriers with cam roller bearings.
Did anybody have experience with this kind of transport and is likely to support or advice.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Roelof,
I'm not sure I understand your problem. You want to convey items that are 2m x 2m x 0.3m that weigh 150kg inside of a vacuum chamber that is 2.5m x 0.35m x 17m ?

-Cyrus

:-(
Sorry I wil try again
The product are 2.000*2.000*300.
One vacuum lock is 2.500*2.500*350 (inside).
There are 6 vacuum locks after each other.
In between each vacuum lock there is a door 200 m thick to seperate each process.
Trough these continous ;ine we transport the products to being processed (coatings, drying chambers).
The process is normaly in vacuum for deposition of layers.
The way to do is in the line (numbers of chambers) is:
Drying (at 130 degrees), Coating deposition, drying (130 degrees), another coating, drying, coating, drying.

This is the vacuum part to deal with. After the vacuum locks there are some more processes to deal with. The total lenght of the firts sections in vacuum is about 21 meters. With a run out and the return line the total length of transport is approximately 135 meters in the factory.

We like to use a hanging carrier transport and just one system for all.

Who has experience please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back