Qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praktiker

Mechanical
Nov 26, 2011
GR
Hallo,
By the WPS Qualification and the Welder Qualification (API 1104), the welding of the test pieces and the testing of the test pieces (N.D.T. and D.T)shall be verified (witnessed) by an examiner or examining body ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The question is vague. Can you please restate?

If you are asking about welder qualification, API 1104 Section 6.1 indicates:

"The qualification of welders shall be conducted in the presence of a representative acceptable to the company."

If it relates to welding procedure qualification, destructive testing is required.

Thank you for your answers.
SectionIX:
1) I am not referring to welder qualification for a specific project(client/company), but to welder qualification in my plant for future jobs. In this case what kind of represantive I can have?
2) During the D.T or N.D.T. tests, is it requiring the presence of examining body (whitness)?

SJones:
I post the same question over several forums, to check the differences between the Codes. This is the mystery.

SJones I do not know what you meen. You ask me:

"Also, don't post the same question over several forums. Why it is in the ASME forum is a mystery.
Steve Jones
Materials & Corrosion Engineer"

I had post a question for API in a API forum, and a question for ASME in a ASME forum.

My apologies - didn't read the ASME posting in detail; but, that doesn't excuse not mentioning any code in the AWS forum!! Most of these US standards are generally the same: there is no requirement for external acceptance of welding data. You may wish to engage external verification of data to satisfy certain clients in the future. Some end users will only accept prior qualifications if they have been endorsed by a third party agency.

Steve Jones
Materials & Corrosion Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back