Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quality hydrualic cylinders options

Status
Not open for further replies.

CChunter

Industrial
Apr 12, 2012
We have been using parker cylinders for our hydrualic needs for 10 years or longer, and I personally have always chosen them, because I knew they were a quality cylinder that I could trust to be problem free in the field. That being the case I know we pay alot for the name when we purchase them, and it got me thinking about what else is out there with a good reputation. I've looked at a few websites Milwaukee Cylinders, Hanna Cylinders, Bosch Rexroth, and a couple other tie Rod NFPA style cylinders, I would like some feedback on any of these cylinders or other brands that you have had good experience with. I'm always wanting to try new brands, but we just cant afford to experiment on equipment and take a chance of it failing in the field.

Any feedback is always appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Has your purchasing department tried negotiating a better price from Parker? If price is your concern, have purchasing request quotes from the other manufacturers for comparison. Better than a feeling that you are paying for the name. Other good brands are proud of their names too.

Ted

Prices are as follows, the parker brand cylinder is a 6.00-JJ2HLT14A-24.00 6" bore, 2.5" rod,3000 PSI 24" stroke.
Parker = 3444.00
Milwaukee = 2245.40
Bosch Rexroth = 2666.70

Still waiting on quotes from Hanna Cylinders, seems a little out there to me for this hydraulic cylinder, I've rebuilt many different kinds cylinders and theres not alot involved with them, and all are pretty much built the same way. Hopefully someone will chime in with good results from some more brands other than parker.

Thanks guys

For years Rexroth was to Europe what Parker was to the US. There are many good brands, but Rexroth is definitely one of them. Personally I think Parker has slipped significantly in their overall quality over the last few years. They just bought too many companies, have too many divisions, and can't seem to concentrate on any one of them. Their website is torture!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back