Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question about save, toolbox and drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldboot

Industrial
Jun 30, 2004
CA
1. It always pops up a confirm windows after I click save a file. Then I need to click the 'ok' button in the window to complete this action. Is it possible to wave this extra step?

2. Is there any calculator for standard parts such as bearing, fasterners or tubes? Or do we have to download these standard components from somewhere? Just wondering this because I found solidworks are with toolbox & bearing calculator.

3. This happens when I make a notation for a chamfer. See pic linked below. Anyone knows how to move the dimension & arrow?
<a href=" src=" border="0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic"></a>

21aae4l.jpg

I appreciate for your helps.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1. Create a mapkey (tools--mapkeys) then make a button of the mapkey (tools-->customize window)

2. No, not yet at least. Wait a while for Pro/E and MathCAD's integration and something good should come soon (I'm working on that sort of thing right now.. waiting patiently for news on the integration..)

3. Next to the dimension text, between the writing and the horizontal part of the leader line, is a little square (when the dim is highlighted). Click on this square and you can drag the text horizontally.

good luck!

thank you sir!your answer to my 2nd & 3rd question realy helps a lot.

For the first question, there is already quick keys, that is 'CTRL+S' for save, then I can press the middle mouse key. (same function as 'pressing the 'ok' button in the window.)

However, I do not want the window to pop out at all, is there a way? Just ike the MS office 'word' file, only the first time save, a window will appear, asking where to savet he new created file, for any other saving action, no window displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back