Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question concerning this elec. Riser diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhasan1976

Structural
Apr 30, 2008
US
Good Afternoon,
This is my first attempt at a riser diagram for a small office.

Can Any tell me what wrong with my riser diagram? This will be applied to a small building with one commercial space on the ground floor with two apartment on the second floor. The total load needed for each is 125Amps per, unit. in order to calculate my lighting and receptacles, I used the "receptacles and light @ 3w/sqft. method" Where can i find more information on how to do calculation the different equipment/appliances for the commercial space?
Though i included my lighting in the above 3w/sqft. calculation,does this need to be, if these are continuous loads? Do i need to show and pipe/wire sizes to this riser dia?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need a copy of the National Electrical Code, and maybe an electrical engineer to go with it.

The IEEE Grey book covers commercial building electrical design.

BTW, you didn't provide a link to a riser diagram, at least that I can see.

As a plans examiner, yes, you need to show conduit sizes, and you need to elaborate on the grounding electrode. My guess is you may have a foundation reinforcement, perhaps building steel, metal water pipe - all of which need to be bonded together. Your overcurrent protection is shown as 125A for the panels and the panels are rated for 125A. I did not see any short circuit ratings for both the service entrance and the panels themselves. I assume you will also provide panel schedules to whoever will be reviewing this. The short circuit ratings are sometimes shown there for the panels.

Don Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back