Questions about ABAQUS .inp file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joezzc

Student
Sep 6, 2024
US
Dear Abaqus users,

I am a new ABAQUS user and trying to run a simple simulation. However I meet some problems. Hopefully you could take a look and give me some suggestions.

I build an input.inp file (attached to this message) with my CODE where a cube with four C3D8R elements is defined, and pressure is applied to one of its faces whose normal vector is parallel to x-axis, as shown in the attached file. But I get so many errors when I run the job(the input.dat is also attached). To solve the error, I build the same model using ABAQUS user interface and generate a cube_abaqus.inp file (attached to this message too). Comparing two .inp files, I don't really find many difference. 

Especially, 

1. The first error says my '*ELASTIC' definition is problematic, however this part is the same in two .inp files

2. Why there are more than one Face ID for the loaded surface in '*Surface' section in cube_abaqus.inp? To my knowledge, only the Face ID S2 represents the surface whose normal vector is parallel to x-axis, so there should not be more than one Face ID and the Face ID should be S2. However this is not the case.

Please correct me , thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Joe

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c8b8fe0d-10d5-4691-a132-1ad7692db916&file=files.zip
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back