Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions from new user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegaro

Structural
Jul 8, 2012
AU
I am new to Solid Edge ... learning by doing. And getting there.
Here's the latest questions that I can't find answers to in Help.
1. I have a drawing which is default at 1:1. The piece is only 61mm x 65mm ... I want to print it at larger scale. I have tried adjusting the scale in sheet setup, but it still prints at 1:1.
2. The drawing LOOKS to be closed. But when I try to do a fill it tells me it's not. I have inspected all the junctions at close view, have tried ... collinear ... connect ... trim corner ... and anything else that looks possible ... for all junctions but to no avail. Is there at tool that will either tell me where the mis-connect is, or will connect all automatically.
Thank you
Kerri

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One quick way to see if the curves are all connected is to use Inspect -> 2D Measure -> Total Length with the Chain option. When you attempt to select a line then it will automatically chain all connected elements.

I took a quick look at the file. You have multiple line entities on top of each other, minute lines, etc. all of which is what is causing your problems with the fill. Just on the top part of the sketch where your have the R1 radius you have a minute line in the bottom left corner, three lines on top of each other on the very top edge, etc. I did not continue to look any further at the rest of the sketch quality.

I uploaded a few screenshots describing what I mentioned.

-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back