Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"ANSYS Workbench" Contact tool reults plotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirghani

Structural
Jul 21, 2016
AE
Hello ANSYS users

in "ANSYS Workbench" how can I plot the Contact tool results (frictional stress, sliding distance...etc) with "length" (500mm for example) in the "x-axis" instead of default "by time" option???. the "Path" method can not be used with this type of results. I can get the results manually using probes but its a very long process. any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hellow Pavel,

thank you for your answer. what I want is to map the contact result on a specific length (the length of the contact itself). I have two surfaces (Surface to surface contact). how can I get these results. if I open the tabular data for the frictional stress results for example, these results will be shown in a table as a function of "time". what I want is the results but with respect to contact length instead of time. I think I have to insert a command or take it to APDL.

thank you pavel

I see. You could try to define path using Construction Geometry feature (right click on Model->Insert). This is used to output results against defined path. But I have doubts whether this will work for contact results. You would need to try. The chances are you will need APDL to do that.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back