Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

"ARRANGEMENTS" & PLACING VIEW IN THE DRAWING

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundeep198

Mechanical
Aug 22, 2012
NZ
I have created Arrangements in NX, but i am not able to place those views in the drawing.
I have been using NX since last 5 years. I tried placing arrangement views by various methods but no break through.

Regards,
Sundeep P.
NX 7.5.0.32

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To start with, 'Arrangements' are not views. Now if you want to add an additional view to a Drawing showing an alternate 'Arrangement' from the one that the Drawing is based on, Yes, that can be done.

I assume of course that you're working in the Master Model mode where the Drawing file is a separate part file from the Assembly's Part file.

OK, after creating the original Drawing and adding the initial views showing the Assembly based on its default 'Arrangment' go back and start adding your additional 'Arrangement' specific view but going to...

Insert -> View -> Base...

...and when the dialog comes up, be sure to select the name of your original Assembly from the list labeled 'Loaded Parts'. Once you've done that, then down lower in the dialog, in the section labeled 'Arrangement', you'll have the option to select any alternative 'Arrangements' that were defined in you original Assembly file. Just expand the list, select the desired 'Arrangement' and proceed to add the new 'Base' view to the Drawing as well as any additional projected views if you wish to. Note that if this newlly placed 'Arrangement' contains a different set of Components then the default 'Arrangment', that this will have NO effect whatsoever on the contents of the Parts List note as that is controlled by the default 'Arrangement' used when the Drawing was first created.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back