Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

"Cannot Create Load Generation Command" error. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

justhumm

Structural
May 2, 2003
US
I'm trying to generate a moving load on a single beam, but am getting a "Cannot Create Load Generation Command" error.

A vehicle is already defined. And the analysis can be performed without the load generation.

The software doesn't provide any other explanation for the error

Can anyone point out why I'm receiving this error? Thanks!

I'm working in Staad.Pro CONNECT Edition. STD text file link attached.

error01_udcy3k.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The issue you are having is due to the model already having combinations defined. Comment out this command and the LOAD LIST that follows the analysis, then you will see the command generator will operate and can add the commands as required. This is because you are essentially generating additional primary load cases and your combinations should be defined after the primary loads have been defined.
For example you already have 5 primary load cases defined. Now you are adding in say another 10 cases with the vehicle moved by a DX of 6in. that means you now have primary load cases 1 to 15 defined. That means you should start the combinations from 16 (or maybe 100 so it is completely clear which results are from a primary load case and which from a combination.

Once you have that defined, then un-comment the combinations and load list commands and make sure they are set to numbers that make sense with your new primary and combination load case numbers in the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back