Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Click here to stop dissection"!? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

esfr

Structural
Oct 10, 2007
US
since upgrading to SW '08, there's this window that frequently opens up on boot up... it's appears to be a SolidWorks window with various models (many of which I've never seen before but might be in my tutorials folder or something) opening and closing in wireframe view, and in the bottom of the window is the message "Click here to stop dissection." Never seen this behavior before, is SW possessed? Is there a way to stop it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tools > Options > System Options > Search to schedule a different time, or to turn off file dissection.

The dissection process is part of new SW functionality which will allow you to re-use sketches, features, etc in your designs. To use this functionality SW must dissect and index your files (another reason for the Windows Desktop Search being installed) to be able to find these elements in your models.

If you haven't yet, you should review all the Option tabs in the System Options and Document Options. There are a number of new features that are available to you in SW2008.

Also a read of the SW2008 What's New pdf is usually a good idea.

Cheers,

Anna Wood
SW 2007 SP4.0, WinXP
Dell Precision 380, Pentium D940, 4 Gigs RAM, FX3450

AnnaWood,

Thanks for the clarification, and for reminding me to read the "What's New" document. I've been meaning to do that for a while now. [blush]

A star for you.

nice. thanks as well, i skimmed what's new but obviously not thoroughly enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back