Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Extrude Cut" in DesignModeler 12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyrus17

Automotive
Jun 16, 2010
SG
I come from Pro/E and Solidworks usage. And making an extrusion cut is easy but I just can't find this option in DesignModeler 12.1.

For example, I want to cut a cylindrical hole halfway through a bigger cylinder. I draw the bigger cylinder then click generate. Then when I try to draw another smaller cicle concentric to the cylinder on the same plane, it automatically cuts a hole through the entire cylinder.

I know I can just draw it out then revolve it, but I just want to dig a hole. ;)

So what am I doing wrong?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You'll need to (1) make a new sketch on the starting plane, (2) draw your circle for the hole cross section and (3) extrude as a cut (Select 'cut material' instead of 'add material')

Belay that. It turns out that after you click generate to make the main cylinder, any 'new' sketches don't count as 'new' so it's including the old sketch with the cut. I've just had to click the "New Sketch" button. Thanks for the help, MrMyers.

Issues solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back