Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

"File has been moved or deleted: Must reconnect to file"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevenz247

Automotive
Nov 12, 2009
US
I'm new here, so forgive me if I come off a little green. Our file server (\ppc1) was filling up fast, we had archived I-deas Project data on that server that had to be moved to a different server (\ppc3) to free up space until a new server arrived. Now that the new server has more than enough space (new \ppc1), the Projects were moved back into their original position. The command line says that I must "re-connect to the file", which I take as disconnect from the mapped drive (v:\) and re-map it. The problem is that we have a batch file that calls for the drive to be re-mapped on every re-boot of the seat. It still gives me that error when I go to my "Manage Bins" and try to retrieve my Assemblies and/or Parts from the Project that have been moved. I hope the data is not corrupt? Can someone throw me a bone here? I thank you for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The ideas TDM is looking for the files in a specific location and it is not finding them. In manage libraries you can look to see where it is looking for the file and what the file name is. From this you should be able to determine if its just the files are in the wrong place or if its a bigger issue. Running some of the utilities in the dmadmin app you should be able to tell how many and what files have problems. And there is always tech support to help you out. I would help but i no long use i-deas and am going from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back