Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"laminated" hastelloy?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMetals

Materials
Aug 22, 2014
US
Has anyone ever hear of Laminated C276 bar? I have someone asking for this and I have never seen this. He is also asking for hard/stripped solubilized. Are these surface treatments or something, or is this guy just confused?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think he meant solution annealed for solubilized...who calls it this? But I still do not know what they meant by Laminated round bar.

laminated is a translation error, I have seen it before, but I can't recall what they meant.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

If I make translation of laminated to my language and back, one of possibilities is peeled.
So probably peeled bar is what they seek.

D

It sounds as though you are dealing with someone who is not a native English speaker. Spanish speakers will sometimes use the term laminated to mean rolled, as the word laminado in Spanish translates to rolled in English.

ha, yea it makes sense. I believe it was a south American customer and someone probably just stuck the message in a online translator and out came "laminated". Thanks the insight folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back