"Large" Full-Bore Trunnion Ball Valves - PVC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaMoose

Computer
Sep 8, 2003
US
Hello all,
I'm having some problems finding full-bore trunnion ball valves in PVC. I am in need of 8in and 10in valves with 150# flanged connections. The system requires the use of thermoplastic valves, PVC would be ideal.
TVI has strong union valves, but only up to 6in, which appears to be the same with a lot of other vendors. Plenty of butterfly valves that would work, expect for the fact that the system will be pigged regularly. Anyone know of any vendors short of us having to get them custom made?
Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

David,
In my searching I did not find the valves from NBEngineers, that will be a worthwhile one for me to follow up (although, PP is going to be seriously expensive). Thanks!
On the gate valves, I was trying to stay away from those if possible, but they seem to be more readily available (I had come up with lots of manufacturers that meet my needs in gate type) and reasonable cost for their size.

I should say, I think I might have to relax on the trunnion spec. Given how low-pressure my application is and that it is sea-water being pumped, a floating ball might be fine.

Stanier,
That's a winner! Looks perfect for our application, I've seen smaller versions of those (air operated) - didn't realize they made big-boy versions. Thanks!

Breaker,
The system is a continuous service 30K liter sea-water/brine-water system, on a tight budget. Lined valves tend to be really expensive, same with exotic metals, non-metal seemed to make the msot sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back