Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

quote on pipe prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylexicon

Mechanical
Dec 16, 2005
US
gents,
I have been searching over the net for a site that quotes the prevailing unit rates for pipeline prices. I am not even sure if such site exists but I tried and came up empty handed. Any info is highly appreciated.
I am preparing a preliminary cost estimate for a 400 km long, 30" dia pipeline transporting Gas Condensate from a Storage Area to a Refinery. The pipe is API 5L X52 with wall thickness of 12.7 mm. I am looking for a unit rate for bare pipe. This project is overseas and construction costs have to be obtained based on local rates. Moreover, purchasing is limited to European, US, and Japanese vendors. Chinese manufacturers are offlimits (client's conditions).
Thanking you in advance,

drno

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The shelf life of a steel pipe quote is measured in hours these days. Prices change every day (rarely downward) and the only way to get a firm quote is to place a firm order.

David

Prevailing rates also vary by location. Availability is another issue. Many of our current suppliers are booked solit until next summer, and some are taking orders for 2008 (I would think especially the 400 km at 30" type of pipe).

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."
Albert Einstein
Have you read FAQ731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back