Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

r stamp requirements 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitterboy

Structural
Oct 19, 2009
US
I am researching how to go about getting my r-stamp, i have found one company who helps to get the paperwork and such ready and so far it is running about 15,000.00 can anyone give me more info ????? please help
fitterboy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go to the National Board Web site (nationalboard.org)order the Code, review the Quality Manual requirements therein and develop your manual based on those requirements and the way you conduct your business. Whereas you must have an AIA under contract, utilize its personnel to review and comment upon your Manual. Then apply to the Board for the joint review audit.

$15,000 does not appear too much if they will write/develop your Manual together with your company's reps.

I pulled the link from the website for the manual.. ...canned manuals are good for only a finite amount of time.....to stay current they need to be revised to incorporate the latest Code revisions...and I am not going to do that anymore.....so....your best bet is to use metengr advice...and develop your own....with the guidance given in NB-57 as linked by AllHAndlesTaken....Good Luck!

FAQ731-376

15k is very high cost for an R stamp, what's your State. you would have to know how to find the right consultant who will not rip you off.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back