Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

RAC Structures Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
qwertyyuiop (?????)

We need a hint... what does "RAC" stand for????

Regards, Wil Taylor

My guess is Raytheon aircraft. If this is true then you will find it difficult to obtain this proprietary information.

I'm not sure of what RAC means. However, I think it shall mean "Royal Advice Council"

Thanks for your help

Alberto

The only RAC I know is the Reliability Analysis Center (Rome laboratory, Griffiss AFB), but I'm not sure they ever published structures manuals.

RAC
PO box 4700
Rome, NY 13442-4700
USA

(Errata Corrige)
I mean...the only RAC I know besides "Raytheon Aircraft Company", which obviously does not publish its own design manuals.

To Wil Taylors comment.
I asked a friend who works for Ryans successor, and who worked for Teledyne Ryan, for 20 years, about the RAC structures manual.
The answer was No. Ryan never had anything titled like that.
B.E.

This is probably an in-house Raytheon Document (RAC - Raytheon Aircraft Company) similar to the Boeing Design Manuals (BDM's) 6000 Series. These documents show analysis methods that are approved and able to be referenced in certification documentation.

Unless you know someone who has worked at Raytheon and has copied it (for personal use, of course), obtaining a copy of it is very unlikely.

Is there someone out there who has worked or is working for Raytheon who can verify this?

Guys...

You know.. with some imagination, RAC could actually have been distorted [misprinted] and MIGHT actually be BAC Boeing Aircraft Company... which has a really fine structures manual series.

Regards, Wil Taylor

I have their Structural Fiberglass repair manual,(BAC) it is only current to 1984 and mostly covers 767's If it is any help let me know.
B.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back