Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rad blend 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

miked64

Mechanical
Mar 28, 2012
US
lets say I have a simple pocket .250 deep and I want to blend a .375 rad around the inside,
I know it can happen but how do I do it?
I get a alarm rad it to big, use smaller rad.
I have been away from ug for a couple of years, I am having a brain fart.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would create a tool body of the pocket feature, then subtract it.

There are about a dozen ways to do it, Im sure we will hear most of them shortly.

Khimani Mohiki
Design Engineer - Aston Martin
NX8.5

yes I can do that, but heres my situation, I have multiple pockets with different depths,
the all have .375 rads, and they are all shallower than .250.

thanks

What version of NX?

In the blend dialog, check "overflow resolution" and the "settings" sections. Try turning on the "roll on edges" and "patch areas of complex geometry" if they are not already checked.

www.nxjournaling.com

It should be in the "settings" section of the blend dialog. If you don't see that section, try clicking the little gear in the left of the dialog title bar and choosing "show all groups" (or something to that effect).

www.nxjournaling.com

If only the depth is smaller than the radius , should be no problem, the "blend ball" will be rolling on the edge without any changed settings.
The problem is more probably that you have some "corner" in the pocket where the .375 radius cannot fit.
If that is the case, you need start trying different settings.

Regards,
Tomas

Does the top of the pocket get a radius or is it going to be a sharp edge? Try filleting the top edge with a .010 fillet then fillet the bottom with a .375 then use synchronous technology to delete the top radius. Worth a shot. It worked for me for a simple part.

I just cant get it to blend correctly. Thanks for some tips guys. I will just have to offset some geometry when programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back