Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

radial pattern axis circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProE603

Computer
Apr 1, 2011
US
On my Drawing I am trying to have two circles show as two separate dotted lines. The one that goes through the six circles has to show as dotted lines, which does show on the drawing. I tried on the drawing going into File / Drawing Options radial_pattern_axis_circle and changed the drop down option to Yes and clicked apply and close. I am thinking its something probably in the part sketch. Any ideas how to solve this? My two image files are pulleyPrt.jpg and pulleyDwg.jpg in pulley.zip

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to pattern the holes to get the PCD axis.

I created the holes using a simple radial pattern with the similiar fundamentals from the three pages from the book Pro|Engineer Wildfire 5.0 Tutorial and Multimedia CD ISBN: 978-1-58503-535-9.

I started by using the hole tool clicked the placement of the hole then clicked the placement panel like in fig. 1. Selected where I liked the hole, choose my two offset references switched the type to radial and clicked the placement tab to slide up. In shape tab, selected through all. Selected the green checkmark.

Then I selected the Hole1 and clicked patttern like in fig. 2. Changed the 30 degree dimension to 60 degrees, entered the pattern members to 6 like in fig 3. Clicked the green checkmark.

Then in the Main Menu selected Tools/Relations in figure 4 put in the appropriate calculations then clicked toggle dimensions clicked verify then ok.

Then when I switched to pulley.drw. In the main menu, I entered File/Drawing options. Scrolled half way down selected radial_axis_pattern_circle selected yes from the drop down menu clicked Add/Change then apply then close.

The circular dotted reference through the six circles doesn't appear like in fig. 5.

I will attach images of the pages from the book to show what I am following. Haven't got any different results.

The screen shots are fig. 1-5 and pgs 8-28 through 8-30,8-37,8-39

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=911f449e-bb0b-4f5c-afcb-70f8fb210581&file=pulley2.zip
For it to generate an axial pattern, you need to create an axial pattern rather than a dimension driven pattern. In the drop down shown in your figure 3, choose 'Axis' rather than 'Dimension'.

For the pattern inputs, you can either use 6 holes spaces at 30deg or choose to make 6 holes over 360deg.

I figured out a way to get the circular pattern around the six holes. I selected the front view, then selected the annotate tab then show model annotations then selected all axes from the tab on the far right, then apply and closed the box. Last part I turned off the Axis Display and all worked out well.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=cc2bc42f-e819-4d52-a87f-6fbac711a9cd&file=pulley_fixed.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back