Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radioactive slurry mixing/pumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJF

Nuclear
Jan 10, 2002
US
I'm looking for methods of mixing a tank of radioactive settled sludge, for periodic release of hydrogen, and also for methods of retrieving (hydraulically) the sludge out of the tank at a later date. Can anyone help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I work for a supplier of specially designed radioactive slurry/mixing pumps that are canned motor. Maybe we can be of assistance?

Pumpcan

Thanks for the reply. What is the name of the company? Do you have a website I can look at?

armou My company has supplied a no moving part mixer to the Nuclear Industry,The unit was used to suspend solids settled in the corners of storage tank,liquid was then pumped through filter unit.

armou

Hi PJF
recently I have conducted a series of tests using a retrieval system developed by my company characterising the retrieval process of sludge (sand+flocculate). The method to mix the sludge depends a lot on:
-the density,
-viscosity
-the type sludge (what is it the solid part?)
It is not easy to give you a precise answer to this question without more detailed informations.
Since time is last from last post if you'r still interested,
PLease let me know
Gokuu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back