Radiography Test in PV Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazua91

Mechanical
Aug 17, 2016
MY
Hi All Engineers and Designers,

I have one question to ask. It may a dumb question but I need an answer to learn more about PV Elite. In Datasheet of Pressure Vessel,for radiograhpy test it stated as SHELL: 10% SPOT + ALL 'T' JOINTS. I used code ASME Section VIII Div 1 and I dont know to input this data in PV Elite

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

nazua91, you need to assign a joint efficiency (1.0, 0.85 or other) for the butt welds. To do so, you need to know what type of weld (per UW-12) it is. Then you would presumably need to insure the quoted 10% meets the UW-52 requirements for extent of (spot) radiography.

Radiography of "T-joints" is unusual and would not normally be required.

Or so I would guess.

Regards,

Mike

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

"T-joints' are junctions between longitudinal seams & circumferential seams. Under 'Spot' RT UW-52, they are a mandatory location for testing.

See UW-9 (d) Except when the longitudinal joints are radiographed 4 in. (100 mm) each side of each circumferential
welded intersection, vessels made up of two or more courses shall have the centers of the welded longitudinal
joints of adjacent courses staggered or separated by a distance of at least five times the thickness of the thicker
plate.

Regards
r6155

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back