Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rainwater Sump Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJB32482

Chemical
Jan 19, 2005
US
Hey guys,
I am looking at a project to control our rainwater sump next to our Thermal Oxidizer. There are two options, one would be to have the operators manually turn on the sump pumps to drain the water after they get a high level alarm. Then the operator would turn them off at a lower level.

The second option would be to have the pumps run automatically when the high alarm is set off. The pumps will shut off at a low level switch. The switch will keep the pumps from running dry.
My question is if number 2 is to be completed, what type of level switch would be used? Would a constant level on our DCS system be a good idea? Can the second option be done efficiently, and if so, how has other engineers automatically controlled their sump levels.

Thanks guys

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

TD2K
Thanks for the help. Does anyone have any information where I can get more specifications on the "bubbler" type of level transmitter.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back