Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

RAM Steel "Fatal Error: No Beam Loop Intersection Found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippo11

Structural
Mar 21, 2003
US
I am aware that this is a steel forum but I couldn't find a RAM forum. Plus I figured most steel people have some familiarity with RAM. Steel.

I keep getting this error. I've emailed the RAM/Bentley guys and they are still trying to figure it out.

Has anyone ever gotten this? I've checked my loading, geometry, etc, and can't find anything. Also my Data Check reveals nothing...

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've never seen this error before either, but I'll take a complete shot in the dark. How did you define your edge of slab? Use the "whole perimeter" feature, as opposed to manual tracing. I've run into slab edge problems before with framing systems that have cantilevers, weld-throughs, etc. Although usually this is picked up by the data check, so I don't know. Let me know what RAM tells ya.

I know I've seen that one, trying to bring the ol' memory online here...

Does the error occur on the same member number every time? If so, do a quick 'renumber members' and see if the error occurs on the same member (with the new number). Once you find the member that's a problem, take a close look - if this is the error I think it is, it happens when the beam is very close to (but not exactly) orthagonal. Deleting and re-adding the beam using zero-distance modeling should fix the problem.

If that's not it, then check your slabs. RAM has fits if there are two deck polygons that are exactly identical, even if one of them has been overwritten by subsequent polygons.

Hey - I just got this same error this morning...I've checked everything possible and nothing seems to work. I deleted and re-entered the beam several times and it always comes back being the same beam with the problem.

Unfortunately RAM isn't open till 8am Pacific and I'm on the East Coast, so I couldn't get in touch with them yet.

But did a google search and found your thread.

Just wondering if you were able to solve your problem yet.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have gotten this error before, and unfortunately it could be alot of things in your model. Check your beam endpoints to see that they are actually hitting on the columns. due to some of the internal RAM snap points, you probably have a beam somewhere that is not hitting exactly on a column. You may just have to systematically reframe your model. Kind of a pain in the a.., but that is all you can do.

This error is most likely related to the slab edge. I have seen this error in several of the models (I review quite a number of models in our office). Delete and redefine the slab edge. One thing to note is that when there are more than one error RAM may not be pointing to the exact location where you have the actual problem.

RAM tech support is excellent and if you still have problems send them your model and they would find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back