Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

RAPID Software (Repair Assessment Procedure and Integrated Design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotJack

Dec 3, 2012
thread2-220355

Hello all!

I am currently looking for this software I need to use. But I found out FAA did stop the investing in it, the link to download the soft ( is not working anymore. Does any of you still have the install of this or maybe you do have another software solution?
This one was very practical because the results were accepted by EASA (and that's what I'm looking for) and most of all, it is free.

You'd be so nice.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi NotJack,
Yes, you are right. FAA is not giving any support to this software anymore.
A couple of years ago I was interested in this program too and after a while I was able to contact one of the program developers who provide me the download file.
Unfortunately, i.a.w. the forum policy, I cannot post any email address.
Anyway, the software is still free and can be spread legally, but I don't know if I am allowed to this within the forum.
(Can anybody answer to this and in positive case say me how does it work?)

I've never done it, but you could create a ZIP package and upload it with the "...or upload your file to ENGINEERING.com" file sharing link at the bottom of the page. I do not know if you can remove the file once you have uploaded it.

I would be very grateful to you @Ruag if you could send the file in any ways.
Maybe you could create a Dropbox or other upload website as sharefile or mediafire. Or as @FastMouse says, use the storage of eng-tips ;).

It generally seems to be regarded as ok to slightly disguise e-mail addresses so that they make it a bit harder for automated searches; replace . with _dot_ and @ with _at_, etc. I used to go so far as to 'encode' with rot13 or rot47, but it doesn't seem worth it. If by chance a naughty human reads it and makes use of they address the only person it will inconvience is yourself. As long as there aren't any rich pickings it won't attract large numbers of recuiters, spammers, etc., which could potentially annoy the rest of us.-RP.

The objective of the email constraints is not to stop communications, but to stop spam. Therefore, any email addresses in the clear should be avoided, both for protecting the site and protecting the owner of the email address. Note that many members post their website URLs, which often contain their email addresses.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Thank you very much @Ruag!

Just installed it. Seems to work well.

Thank you again for making this soft coming out again, I think this thread will be useful to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back