Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raster/sid file not plotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcrogers

Electrical
May 15, 2003
US
I have been away from Autocad for a few years now so I am a little rusty. I am using Land Desktop 3 and I have inserted an aerial photo that is a .sid file. I have it on it's own layer which is unlocked, thawed, and plot-enabled. I cannot get it to plot though. I have tried IMAGEFRAME-it's set to on. We are plotting to an HP Designjet 4000, it is raster capable. Is there any kind of toggle that will prevent this image from plotting eventhough it is showing up in the drawing?

Thanks

Dave Rogers
dvcrogers@yahoo.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i recently replied to a similar post:
you can give the DPI a try as i mention in the post and see if that helps. if your computer is running out of memory, then reducing the DPI usually helps. also check if its an insufficient memory issue with the plotter.
apart from that, this is from Autodesk site:
"Ensure that the Hidden option of the MVIEW > SHADEPLOT command is turned OFF for the viewport in which the raster image is contained."

Thanks for the reply youngEIT. I tried reducing the DPI, no luck there. I dont get a HIDDEN option under MVIEW.

I did find out that I can plot the image while in model space. I still cannot plot in my layout view. Is there a way for a viewport to cause this problem?

Dave

Well, I was a little wrong before. I cannot get it to plot to the HP Designjet 4000. I CAN plot it to our copier and a smaller HP copier. I think has to be in the drivers, but I am not sure.

Turns out it was a driver issue. Thanks to this site I was able to eliminate a few posibilties and narrow it down to the driver problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back