Raw Material Sizes Available 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RathodAsit

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2015
IN
Dear All,

Can Any Body know RAW Material Sies available in Flat/Plate for Copper Busbar?

Does Any IS and ISO Standards Avaialble for same.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Asit

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Needed BUS @ cheeper price, so needed Standards size RM standards, so at the design stange itself I can design accordingly, even procurement time also can be save if the standards sizes readily available.

Copper bus bar is basically pure copper. The most common forms are rectangular bar and round rod. If you require a large amount of stock, you can get the material supplied in a custom extrusion profile for a reasonable cost. Or you can have material re-drawn to a shape that more closely meets your design, so there will be less scrap and less machining required.

If initial cost is really the most important factor, and if your floorplan or layout is not going to change in the foreseeable future, you may want to do a quick cost study of busbar versus conduit and hardwiring, depending on your electrical loads. I've seen Chinese busbar advertised as low as $5 to 6 USD per kilo, but that seems optimistic.

It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all.

As I noted above, electrical grade bus bar is 99.9% copper. So the price you pay for the bar stock is closely related to commodity prices for copper. You won't see much difference in the $/lb price between various forms (sheet, bar, rod) of electrical grade copper stock. The most effective way to reduce your raw material costs is to purchase the stock in a form that minimizes waste/scrap and reduces the amount of machining effort required. Having a custom copper extrusion shape made is not that expensive, even with a modest size run of material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back