re assembly of planetry gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo65

Marine/Ocean
Nov 11, 2003
PK
Hi friends.
I am a new commer in this forum. earlier i just read the threads but did not participate in the forum. my question is when we reassemble the planetry gear which got open for renewing one of its damage gear what precaution should we take. Is there any bench mark for synchronising the planetry gear around the sun. also if the one of the planetry gear is remake dose it makes adifference. planet gears are evenly distributed around the sun.if any one could guide me for any assebly guide book for solar gears.

thanks.
turbo65

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Count the teeth in the ring gear and the sun. Add them and divide by the number of planets. If the result is an even number, then the timing is not special and no precautions are required.

Make sure pinsize of replacment is as close as possible to original. Also, the remaining planets have loast life due to fatigue, you may wish to replace them and the sun.

Hi gearmanPE,

I wonder if there is any bench mark on pplanet and sun gear wich should took care off during reassembly of working unit or sun and planet gears could be reassemble as it is. Kindly guide me prcisely how to reassemble a planetry gear box.

turbo65

First you need to find out if it is a true planetary. By that I mean count the teeth in the ring gear and the sun. Add them and divide by the number of planets. If the result is an even number, then the timing is not special and no precautions are required. If not then you need to look for timing marks. Each manufacture has its own way of marking planets. Match those marks, usually 1 with 1 , 2 with 2 and 3 with 3. Marks might be pin pricks etc. As I said look for those marks or consult the manufacturer.

Hi carburized,

Thanks for the tip. Now I feel confidant about reassembly of any planet gear. To further clarify if the Rim gear teeths are 500 and then add the number of teeth in sun gear let assume 100 . now total number is 600 and assuming 3 planet gears are there, mean 600/3 is an even number which means no timing for planet gears is important, but if this numer is an odd number then we have to look for timing marks and should not reassemble the gear box if these marks are not matching. I assume the marks will be on the rim and the planet gears. Sun should have no marks. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back