Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

re: How to stop v5 when it is locked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkangel

Aerospace
Oct 20, 2003
US
Good Day, All.

I am constantly plagued with my Catia v5r10sp4 locking up on me in the middle of doing something. There is no Interrupt key like there was on v4, so it there something to take its place? Currently, the only course I have is to CTRL ALT DEL and kill the Catia process. Your help is appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should check your configuration of hardware. How much ram? Is your graphics card compatible with v5? We have been running v5 since r2 and have only had any problem since r9 if the machine was not up to the task. I run every day for 4 to 8 hrs and beat it hard but no lock-ups.

Good luck!!

Maybe I shouldn't say constantly plagued with v5 locking up, but it does happen more times than I can count. It seems to me that the every now and then, it will keep trying to process information for minutes on end. What I need to know is if there is any way to stop CATIA from processing information short of entering the task manager and shutting down the CATIA application.

In short no. There is no equivalent to INT. Taskmanager > KILL only.

Best thing to do is try to work out if it's always at the same point where you have the problem. Can you recreate it? Have you tried a later SP or release? R10SP9 and R12SP2 are available.

The catia v5 lock-ups for me are random in nature. We are on v5r10sp4 and we'll be going to r12 sometime next year. I guess I am stuck for now if it is a glitch in the Matrix.

Have you tried using the Select Tool it looks like an Arrow Icon in the upper right hand side of you CATIA Seesion. I have found that it can many time break you out of something gone wrong with out the need for Ctrl+Alt+Delete Method of removing the CATIA Session.

Thanks. No, I have never tried to use the Select Tool but I can guarantee you that I will try it in the future! Hopefully, it will help me when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back