Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Re-setting a modal load case once suppressed before

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishvaaag

Structural
Aug 17, 2001
DE
I have been modeling some structure just to learn and decided I didn't need the whole package of hypotheses so to keep the file clean I deleted the modal loadcase.

I used it for what I wanted, stored it, closed the program.

Then two days later I say, it would be nice to see the modes of the roof of this structure ... so I need to re-state the modal analysis.

Well, I can't (SAP 2000 ver 15). Once the model is open, then I go to the load cases dialog I don't find a way to get back the modal analysis. Is there any?

For very simple probles that is not worrying but even my relatively simple model takes over an hour to rebuild, so it is a problem not being able to state a modal analysis that went deleted by someone, in this case, myself.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have ver 14 so it may be slightly different.

Choose "Define Load Case" under the Define menu and then select "Add New Load Case" in the dialogue box. In the top right corner of the dialogue box that opens you will see a drop down list that says "Static". If you scroll through this menu you can select "Modal" and regain the modal analysis you deleted.

Hope this helped.

Hi, FishTheStructure, by whatever the reason I didn't find what you did.

It works fine as you say, as well in 15.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back