Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

re-use exploded view

Status
Not open for further replies.

emc2673

Mechanical
Apr 14, 2004
US
I am now doing some consulting work and it has been about 3 months since I have used SW 2006 and it seems that I have lost my touch so if you guys and gals can help me that would be great. I am trying to create an exploded view of a part which follows in line with another "exploded sub assy" so when I right click on the part that I want explode I notice that there is an option to "re-use sub assy explod" how would I go about using this since I get an error message saying that "none of the selected sub-assy has an eploded view to use" but the sub assy that I want to use is exploded in both the Z and x direction?? what am I doing wrong.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does the sub-assy have configurations? If so, the config you are using must have an exploded view.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2005 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2006 SP1.0 on WinXP SP2

Click the sub-assembly first (make sure the select sub-assembly components is unchecked first) and then click the reuse button. So long as you already have an exploded view for that sub-assembly, everything should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back