Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reactions and Actions in Knowledgeware Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkangel

Aerospace
Oct 20, 2003
US
Good Day, All.

I am trying to have some actions take place right after a part has been instantiated from a catalog. I have tried to use Reactions with the Instantiation option but has never worked. I don't know if Actions will do the trick for me, either. I need to have the process of the part/feature being created from the catalog to be the catalyst for future things to take place.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This has been a thorn in my side for a while.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not familiar with knowledge template links. We currently do not have the Product Knowledge Template (PKT) license. Is PKT a prerequisite for using Reactions and Actions?

I submit the features to the catalog along with the KBE Reactions in the same PowerCopy.

CATIA Session:
Option Settings:
Assembly Design
Activate – Always with assembly constraints radio button.
Parameters & Measures
Activate – Load extended language libraries check box.
Open your Catalog
Open your Product or part that has the knowledge template added
From the Catalog Editor:
Add Component
Select External Feature Button
Select KnowledgeTemplate from your Product or part
Click the OK Button
As for PKT license a PKT license may not be required.
If you have access to the user guides for CATIA here is a link to dirrect you to the topic:
for V5R11
C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B11SP3doc\English\online\cfyugpkt_C2\cfyugudf0000.htm
or for V5R12
C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B12SP1doc\English\online\cfyugpkt_C2\cfyugudf0000.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back