Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reactivate or Refocus NX Session with NX Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoes

Mechanical
Sep 30, 2011
GB
Hi there,

I have an NX Open .exe code running (simple Window forms in c#) and I cannot seem to refocus or return or reactivate the UGS NX design environment/session from my app. Is just hanging there.. Has anybody came across this? Any ideas to resolve that?

Thank you,
Zoes

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi

If I understand correctly, you run the NXOpen app and NX just hangs(stops working) until you close your NXOpen app?

If so, my guess is you are using the .ShowDialog() (Modal) to launch your form. Try using .Show() (Not Modal) instead.

Regards

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure where to assign the .ShowDialog or .Show to.. I just want to display the "Curve" dialog menu?

So having the theSession.SetUndoMarkVisibility(Id2, "Curve", NXOpen.Session.MarkVisibility.Visible);
How I show the dialogue "Curve"?

Regards,
Zoe

The SetUndoMark functions are to stablish internal NX undo marks, like ctrl + Z. They are not intended to show or hide any dialog.

I did a couple of tries at showing an existing nx dialog, but with no luck, i'm not sure if a NX dialog can be shown with NXOpen, usually the reason of using NXOpen is doing the job without opening some existing NX dialogs.

You mentioned an .exe, Im not familiar with a .exe being able to communicate with NX, usually the nxopen code is compiled into a .dll and launched inside nx via File->Execute->NXOpen

Thanks for the reply. I really wanted to see if that's possible. As for the .exe you mentioned, I have done it by using Window forms and NXOpen to control "Expressions" so I thought I would be able to do more code like that by incorporating the modelling functionality as well. Perhaps not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back