Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Read any good books lately? 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradpa77

Mechanical
Feb 23, 2006
US
:)

I like to read self-help type books that are related to my career. I'm trying to find a good book that will help motivate me at work. I'm happy at my job but I just feel like I need a good 'pick-me up' because I've gotten kind of lazy and frustrated lately. Any of the career books I've found are about changing careers or finding a good job but that's not really what I'm looking for.

Can anyone recommend a good book that will help me re-ignite my enthusiasm about my job?

:)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Visigoth,

You can read the reviews on Amazon. I'm not going to debate here. I would suggest you start another thread.

Judging from your questions I would recommend his earlier books that deal explicitly with evolution. I particularly enjoyed "The Ancestor's Tale".

In keeping with the thread, here's a couple of other books I've enjoyed recently:

Freakonomics - already mentioned, but worth another recommendation.

Over the Edge of the World - The story of Magellen's ill fated circumnavigation. This is one of the few historical books that really held my interest all the way through. I had always wondered how they navigated to tiny islands in the middle of the unknown ocean. Now I know: they kidnapped local fishermen and forced them to help.

-b

-b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back