Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reading data in layers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAD2015

Computer
Jan 21, 2006
US
Hi,

I want to place some geometry in layer 1 (I do not want to show the math data that I placed in this layer).
Then in Tools > Visualization Filters, I select "Only current layers visible".
How could I know which data I placed in layer 1? Is there a tool which can report the filters content?

Thanks

CAD 2015

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

CAD2015,
I use a layer as well to put certain features such as parting line curves, die draws, etc. These are features we want in our parts, but when we open a product it can become a graphical mess. So, what I do is put these features into a geoset and you can apply a layer to a geoset by modifying the properties of the geoset. This will help you know what is on that layer. Then when I want graphically filter these elements, I apply a filter. I also select all my 3d annotations and modify their properties to the same layer. I haven't been able to apply a layer to a annotation set, so they need to be done individually or by multiselect. This is really nice when you have a review, and most everyone wants those extra curves turned off, you can quickly apply a filter versus going into each part and no-showing all the geosets.
You can create new filters versus the current layer option if you choose.

Thank you RickyT,
Thank you LWolf,

I am going to try/apply all the option you mentioned.
Thanks again for your time!

CAD 2015

rickyt, use captures to filter out the 3DPMI you want. Within a capture, you can hide/show the geosets that you want. You do need to keep your tree organized, but on the other hand all info is there...

regards,
LWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back