Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RealView Graphics Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmeyers

Mechanical
Dec 8, 2005
US
I'm trying to get RealView graphics to work on a new HP nw8440 with an ATI FireGL V5200 graphics card. The drivers are the most current tested and passing from SolidWorks, but the RealView graphics ball is still greyed out and when I go to edit a material it is not given as an option.

Also, the use software OpenGL option is not checked in SolidWorks, and under the ATI configuration utility the profile is set to SolidWorks.

Does anyone have any idea what on earth is going on?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SW06 SP3.1, Windows XP Pro SP2

I checked the video card notes and it didn't say anything. I gotta say, this one really has me stumped.

In the notes of your particular video card it says you must install a patch if you are running 2006 SP3.4 or earlier.

Use the link ctopher posted above and click on the notes section for your video card

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2006 SP0.0

SolidWorks 2006 SP3.4 and earlier requires firegl_patch.msi
Dual Monitor Setup Instructions
2D driver version: 6.14.10.6613
3D driver version: 6.14.10.5653[/quote

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Dmeyers,

That is what the notes say under 2007. Look at the notes for 2006.

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2006 SP0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back