Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Realview Graphics Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrmartin

Mechanical
Jan 6, 2005
CA
I've created a custom list of materials we typically utilize, with applied materials in the Realview Graphics section and textures when realview is turned off.

After a part is created, I apply the appropriate material. If Realview is turned off at that time, the normal texture for that material is shown. Switching to Realview does nothing graphically, it's as if the Realview data is not being saved.

Now if I create another part, this time with Realview turned on ... everything works as is should. Switching realview on/off produces the two visual effects.

In assemblies of parts with the same material (i.e. parts that should have the same visual properties), switching realview on/off effects only a handful of parts. It appears to be random effecting some parts some of the time.

Anyone experienced this and how to fix ... Is there something I'm doing incorrectly?

SW2006 SP3.1
NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500

TIA
Jeff Martin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OK - Here's the Solidworks response ...
---------------

"Your observations are correct ~ however the behavior show is dictated by your selection in the material property window.

When you create a part, with real view off ~ then RMB and choose edit material ~ with real view off ~ the Visual Properties, Advanced Graphics, is set to ~Standard.~ This is correct function.

When you repeat the steps with realview enabled first before applying a material, ~RealView~ is selected.

So the behavior you see, while inconsistent, is intended functionality based on options chosen.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and i can reopen this SR

Cheers,"

--------------

Any thoughts?

Jeff Martin

Can you fix the troublesome parts by finding this Visual Properties, Advanced Graphics option and changing it to RealView within the part?

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back