Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Realview greyed out SW2007 sp4

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincaveman747

Mechanical
Sep 15, 2003
CA
Read quite a few articles but the tips did not help me.
have SW 2007 SP4
Quadro FX500 w/ 9136 loaded. Tried this over 7756
The icon is in my toolbar but greyed out.
Under the options/Performance Tab I noticed the Use Software Open GL is greyed out and won't let me check it on. Could this be the problem.

I am also using dual 19" LCD w/ Nview and have recently
started using a Space Navigator.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Captain Caveman
Almex Industries,Parry Sound ON.Canada\
SW2007,SP 2.0
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz,Quadro FX500,1 Gig Ram

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Open GL will be greyed out if you have a SW document open.

faq559-1058
faq559-1194

Suggest you do an uninstall and reinstall of the driver per above FAQ.

If that doesn't work, try reverting to a basic single monitor with mouse setup, and then adding the accessories separately ... rebooting after each.

Could even be a defective video card.

[cheers]

Checked the Open GL Box on with no file open. did not help
Turned the acceleration down to none: did not help
Uninstalled and reinstalled the Nvidia driver, did not help.
Cancelled out of the multiple display on first reboot so I don't know if that has a bearing on the complete install of the driver.
CBL, are you telling me to try uninstall my Navigator and disconnect my 1 monitor on setup to see if that helps. If so I will try that another day as I have a few dwgs. to issue and can't spend to much time in downtime.
regards,
cmx

Captain Caveman
SW2007,SP 4.0

"are you telling me to try uninstall my Navigator and disconnect my 1 monitor on setup to see if that helps"
Yes ... but I'm grasping at straws here. Only do that as a last resort.

Sudden thought ... do you have the nVidia application set to SolidWorks?

[cheers]

I had the same problem a while back. I was unable to determine the cause, but I got everything up and flying again by using the copy settings wizard. If you didn't use the wizard to save your settings beforehand, then you might be SOL. Try what the others suggested above.

Dan

JUST AN UPDATE. ONE OF MY COWORKERS HAS JUMPED ON THE SW2008 BANDWAGON SO I HAVE TO UPGRADE TO THE NEXT RELEASE.
I GUESS I WON'T HAVE TO WORRY BUT THANKS FOR THE HELP ANYWAYS.

Captain Caveman
SW2007,SP 4.0

That's rather disconcerting...
ONE OF MY COWORKERS HAS JUMPED ON THE SW2008 BANDWAGON SO I HAVE TO UPGRADE TO THE NEXT RELEASE.[/q]

You guys can simply upgrade as you see fit? What if the "latest and greatest" gives you problems? In a multi-user environment, you should test before you leap. Then again, there should be some sort of rule (law, edict, standard) in place regarding upgrades, etc.
Sorry, I'm just speaking from experience.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
Dell M90, Core2 Duo
4GB RAM
Nvidia 3500M

My thoughts exactly. I was rather frustrated on the last leap of faith we did with 07 and it was corrupt file this, failed to save document, virtual function call 6025, you know the usual. But anyhow my supervisor gets all janked up on the latest and greatest. So when it comes down to it, it will be his problem on missing timelines for Production dwgs. I have some mushroom status when it comes to exec decisions. 07 SP4 was working slick for me. Oh well, on to a new roller coaster!!

bizzier than a 1 legged man in a butt kicking competition!

Captain Caveman
SW2007,SP 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back