Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Rebar Shop Drawings sample

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosy Thomas

Structural
Jun 4, 2020
US
Can anyone help me with the rebar drawings? and also tell me is that necessary to have it on field? which type of rebar shop drawings i need for commercial building structure?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The style of rebar shop drawings will be heavily dependent on your location (and application -- commercial buildings).

If the location in your profile (India) is correct, I'd also add the caveat of the type of contractor -- small, large local, or large multi-national.

Here in the States it's absolutely a requirement that you have the rebar shops in the field. The shop drawings tell you which bars go where. Otherwise you have a pile of bars and no idea which ones are intended to go where.

I suppose if it's a very, very simple project with no bent bars you might get away with no shops, but even that will be problematic for the field guys.

Here in the States it's absolutely a requirement that you have the rebar shops in the field. The shop drawings tell you which bars go where. Otherwise you have a pile of bars and no idea which ones are intended to go where.

That may be the case for buildings, but our contract plans for bridges include the locations for all the rebar.

Rod Smith, P.E., The artist formerly known as HotRod10

ACI has a detailing manual that illustrates detailing. In our area the rebar supplier details the rebar based on the EOR details. Heavy Civil rebar is detailed by the engineer in some cases, but those are usually very large rebar assemblies where lifting becomes a problem to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back