Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommend me sources to learn Control Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

salaheldin

Mechanical
Jan 27, 2015
EG
Hello dear colleagues [smile]
I need some sources to learn Control Engineering from, I don't understand control engineering well till now but, It is time to do.
Please recommend me some video lectures or textbooks that you used, and any further guidance is welcome.

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you referring to process instrumentation or classical control theory?

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!

EEs and MEs start by learning classical control theory for linear systems (physical modeling, Laplace transforms, block diagrams, linearization, transfer functions/state space models, stability analysis, system performance analysis, PIDs and PID tuning, and controller algorithm design using root locus and frequency response techniques). Courses in classical control theory typically pay no attention to the measurement/actuation tasks that interface the controller with the process/plant/equipment that it has to control. Dorf and Bishop's "Modern Control Systems" is a standard text that I happen to like.

ChemEs start by learning process control theory (physical modeling, block diagrams, linearization, transfer functions/state space models, stability analysis, system performance analysis, PIDs and PID tuning, and controller algorithm design using a variety of non-model-based and model-based techniques). Courses in process control theory may include minor attention to the measurement/actuation tasks that interface the controller with the process/plant/equipment that it has to control. I happen to like Bequette's "Process Control," Ogunnaike's "Process Dynamics, Modeling, and Control," and Smith and Corripio's "Principles and Practices of Automatic Process Control."

xnuke
"Live and act within the limit of your knowledge and keep expanding it to the limit of your life." Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back