Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

recording animation of assembly collapse 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevindurr

Mechanical
May 24, 2007
US
I've been working in Solidworks for about 2 years now. I took 2 semesters of college courses in order to learn how to be an effective mechanical designer using Solidworks. I am trying to initiate an engineering change in my company in order to make process documentation more effective. Does anyone know how to or if is even possible to record an animation of collapsing an exploded view into a file that can be viewed by anyone with a computer?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is quick and easy, and anyone with a PC can see the results.

Step 1: Create an exploded view - in the Configuration Manager right click and add new exploded view. Tailor it how you see fit.

Step 2: Create an animation of the exploded view collapsing or exploding - right click on the newly created exploded view in the Configuration Manager and simply select "Animate Explode" or "Animate Collapse" depending upon which state your model is in. A nifty dialogue box pops up and allows you to preview and even record the animation sequence as an AVI file.

Air cooled, belt fed, gas operated machine gun firing from the open-bolt position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back