Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Recruitment platforms 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glass99

Structural
Jun 23, 2010
US
I need to hire a structural or mechanical engineer either junior or mid level - Which online platforms work best for you all these days? I think I prefer LinkedIn bc I am familiar with the interface but some folks like Indeed. Maybe there are others I don't know about?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We post on Indeed, but don't have much success getting viable applicants for engineering positions from there. Most success has come through using recruiters.

I can't speak from the hiring perspective, but on the flip side I've found LinkedIn to have the most ease of use when searching for a job. It helps to combine networking and job applying all in one place.

Thanks EngrPaper, good to get the job seeker perspective too. I agree that LinkedIn is a better platform

Thanks also WIstructural. I may finish up with a recruiter. If I get one more resume randomly submitted from like a bank teller or a computer engineer for a position entitled “structural engineer” I will have to do something drastic.

I'm trying really hard to discern if stxa's post is a joke or not.

I keep telling myself it's satire, but then again posts on this website never cease to amaze me.

stxa did edit the post ~10 times in 5mins, not sure what was changed, if anything, but not sure if that helps determine if it's satire or not, jury is still out.

sentrifice, my thoughts exactly!! Once I read through it a couple times, I am starting to think that it is a ChatGP generated response of what it a typical response on this forum.

Looks like they used ChatGPT to write the post.

On the other side, I love the AI generated initial message on LinkedIn "Hi, I was reviewing your profile and I think you would be a great fit for this position. We are looking for a triple doctorate in theoretical artificial conceptual intelligence to manage our new location on the dark side of Neptune. Your experience seems like a great fit." Meanwhile, I am wondering how a geotechnical engineer received this message [lol]

No. I didn't use chaGPT to generate my massage. Sorry, to disappoint you.

And the reason I edit 10 times is because while typing made some mistakes.

"No. I didn't use chaGPT to generate my massage. Sorry, to disappoint you."

So what did you use?

A bottle of Jack Daniels? [bugeyed]

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

stxa,

I guess we all read a little too much exuberance in your post.

I think your writing just needs a little bit of polish and clarity to help the reader understand your qualifications. What you posted seemed a little broken up and disjointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back