Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rectangular Magazine Spring - Who designs and fabricates them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdoske

Materials
Aug 2, 2012
US
I need rectangular springs designed and fabricated for a gun magazine. Everyone I contact says they dont make or design rectangular springs. I know they exist I have some on my desk right now! I am a legitimate customer. I have money, please take it.

Exact measurements and materials would be discussed but here is a general description of what I need. It will look pretty much just like the magazine spring in the pic below but mine will need to be about twice the width.

s12spring__67439_std.jpg

In addition to being twice the width of the spring above I would also like the top portion of the spring to be the width of the original spring show above. Below is an example of a gun magazine spring that is rectangular, and changes width about 3/4 up the spring.

Front.jpg

Top.jpg

If I havn't scared you off yet I would also like the very last turn of the spring to have a angular bend pointing down to hold it in place in its case--like the magazine spring also shown below....
photo.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back