Reduced-Noise flow design Guide 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctassi1

Mechanical
Jan 27, 2006
US
thread378-18736

Anyone have this spreadsheet/Guide availabe from an earlier thread back in 2002(See quote below)? I am trying to calculate the noise level of air flowing through a 24" standard weight pipe. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

"A Reduced-Noise Gas Flow Design Guide, which has been developed for the NASA Glenn Research Center at Lewis Field by Nelson Acoustical Engineering of Elgin, Texas.

This is an extensive written guide and accompanying excel spreadsheet that covers all areas of gas flow noise estimation. It USED TO BE available online at NASA Glenn Research Center, but was removed after 9/11/01. If you post your e-mail address, I can send you the information. A warning, the manual is a 15 MB .pdf file, and the excel spreadsheet is 1.5 MB."

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Patricia and I agree google is a good friend. I also found that link from google, but couldn't find the entire document or excel spreadsheet.

Thanks

It appears they have removed the link from their website. I checked a different Google link for the Guide title and that NASA page said page I was looking for was not found.

The link I posted still works; it's to the synopsis. I believe that Beth Cooper still works there (but could be wrong). You could try contacting her.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

Star for you BigInch!

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

That was an easy one! <snatching it off the table before someone else grabs it>

We are more connected to everyone in the world than we've ever been before, except the person sitting next to us. Lisa Gansky

I had spent several hours trying to find the document back in May, so it wasn't that easy then. Maybe NASA saw the comments and made the document available between May and August.

Patricia Lougheed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back