Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Refer Induction machine to Stator

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiSH

Electrical
Sep 15, 2005
GB
Ok, heres my problem. I have induction gen data with the rotor data not refered to the stator. I don't have a turns ratio or a rotor voltage, I only have data like the locked rotor current etc. Any ideas how I can refer the rotor data to the stator??

Cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Locked rotor data for the stator is information that is readily available from many sources. It may also be estimated fairly accurately.
Rotor current is not usually considered. It may be an issue at times. It may be considered to be excessive for some reason, but the actual value is seldom if ever know. It is known by its effects. Excessive rotor current equals excessive rotor heating. Of course excessive rotor resistance may also cause rotor heating.
Are you sure you are clear on the difference between a rotor and a stator?
You did say an induction generator?

Not sure what you objective is, but the locked rotor current is the current in the "stator" when the induction motor or the generator's rotor is "locked"(stalled) and the stator is energized to run the unit. Locked rotor current is not a data for the rotor, per se.

Hi Guys

My problem is that the data I have for the rotor is the actual rotor ohmic values (X2 and R2/s) and not the values referred to the stator as per the standard equivalent circuit (X2' and R2'/s). I would like to convert them across however I don't have the stator/rotor ratio with which to do this. Is there any other way?

If you do not have the ratio. And if you cannot verify. Why bother? Why is it important?

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

I'm studying the stability of an existing wind farm for a project. Only problem is the data I have is not in the correct format to be accepted by PSCAD to model the IG in the turbine. So I'm a bit stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back