Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reference Image Disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreber

Civil/Environmental
Feb 9, 2011
US
Using the latest DraftSight 2015 x64 SP3, if I use any reference image format at any size/scale, when I first insert the image, it is visible, until I either draw a line or zoom.

Once I draw or zoom, the image turns grey and the only way to get the image back is to move it.

I tried to find a place on the Dassault website to post a bug report but couldn't find the correct contact information or website location.

Googling did find reports of this problem for versions of Draftsight which are several years old now.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=85e6e7f3-b9a3-40c6-bcc9-c9962abe6eae&file=Capture.PNG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, I have the same problem.
I only use DraftSight for my own stuff so not a big problem but it would be nice to have his feature working.

I have this issue too. We use Draftsight here at work. In our weld up print we like to include a picture of the finished product to help the welders know what the actual part looks like when completed. It's just a thing we do. We used to use AutoCAD and when we inserted a pic it showed up with no problems. Now when doing the same thing in Draftsight, we can't see the pic on the screen, but it will print out sometimes. If anyone figures it out or how to fix it I would really like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back