Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reference of formwork design for Pier Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuvuong

Civil/Environmental
Feb 4, 2020
MM
Hi all,
I'm preparing concept design for formwork of Pier head with the shape as attached.
It is quite difficult to support bottom formwork because it's shape is circle by 2 directions.
High of structure is 6m.

I'm very thankful if you can share to me a reference formwork for similar Pier shape/ or give me an advice in this case.

Thank you so much,
screenshot_1580819826_yihdyc.png

screenshot_1580819586_c1jfeh.png
screenshot_1580819600_wgp0hx.png
screenshot_1580819616_dxlxov.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Contact a form rental house and let them bid it. I am guessing that you will need custom blockouts inside a more standard forming system.

It's crap like this that makes me wish bridge designers were required to spend at least 5 years working for bridge contractors before they were allowed to design from scratch.

@Vuvuong - are you the bridge designer or the formwork designer? If the former, contact Efco Formwork, main office is in Iowa but they’re world wide. I’ve called them a few times; very helpful. They’ve done forms for a lot of impressive bridges.

BTW - bridge designer’s usually don’t design the forms. We just design stuff that contractor’s complain can’t be built🤣

@Bridgebuster- I'm a bridge formwork designer from the Contractor. Thank you, I will try contact to Efco.
If you have similar pier shape, could you share to me formwork system?

Agreed, build a more standard/regular forming system, then add blockouts inside to get your shape. Do you know the planned pour volumes to be able to break the formwork up based on those lift heights?

----
just call me Lo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back