Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reference Set Model in Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lab2010

Aerospace
Mar 21, 2014
US
I have created several assemblies within NX 8.5. I am now creating drawings within the drafting module of each one. I am not sure what could have changed, but I can no longer set the Reference Set to "Model" within the drawing file. In the first few drawings, I could right click the part-name in the Assembly Navigator and set the reference set to Model, Empty, or Entire part. Every drawing I create now only has the option for Entire Part. Is there some setting that controls this that might have gotten changed? Any ideas what would prevent me from having the ability to change the reference set? Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could it be that you are in Gateway and not the Modeling or Drafting application ?

If you have NX set to create the "MODEL" reference set for you automatically (I think this is the default behavior); it will not be created until there is some geometry in the part file to manage. If the file is an assembly, it may not have any solid or sheet bodies (components don't count) to manage and therefore no MODEL reference set.

www.nxjournaling.com

I wonder if you have a Role issue here
set your role to Advanced With Full Menus
and see if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back