Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reference Sets and Configurations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinamo78

Mechanical
Sep 6, 2003
CA
O.K., I've set up my layers and named my reference sets. I have 3 reference sets. Named upper, middle, and lower. I can manually show my different configurations by turning on/off certain layers. I'm having trouble setting up my configurations so I can see them by a click of a button. For some reason my help section in UG is not working.

Does anyone have the time and patience to explain how to do this step by step.

Thanks,

Dinamo
Designer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your reference sets works through an assembly. So you just need to make an assembly file and load your model/assembly and there turn your reference sets on.

If you don´t want to use an assembly file you need to use categories instead.

Try Filters: After turning on filter in the ANT, drag the desired components to create a filter. They are a one click operation. Unfortunately, getting compound filters working is not very intuitive yet.

Cheers,
-MikeN
SolidNX.com

Apparently your not using assemblies. Reference sets are used in the context of an Assembly to show different sets of data. Ex: your default ref sets: Entire Ref Set shows all data in Part File> Empty: Shows nothing. You create them to control what you see in the Assembly file. Sounds like you need to set up Layer Categories if you working in a single part file. Azrael's post is correct. Set up your layers using layer categories. If you want to swap out what you see at the click of a button you can either use a Grip program or create a macro to do the repetitive selections to turn layers on and off.

Best Regards,
JayP
Moog Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back