Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Reference text in the parameter cell of design table

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWISGR8

Mechanical
Oct 20, 2005
US
I thought there was a way to show reference text in the parameter cell for a design table. i.e. "D1@Sketch2 Moment arm" where "Moment arm" is the reference text. Am I just remembering wrong or is there a way? I realize you can change the name of the parameter, but adding in Excel, at least for what I am doing would be easier.

Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Aside from renaming the parameter to be more descriptive ("Length@Moment Arm Sketch" for example) the only way that I know of is to right click a cell and choose the "Insert Comment" function. Can then type a note and the cell will have a red flag in the corner to notify someone that there is a comment associated with that cell and they can mouse over it to see what you wanted them to know. I've used that a few times and what I like about it is that you can type quite a bit to be specific on what you want to go on in that cell if there is any ambiguity at all.

If I understand what your looking for correctly, the parameter within a DT is the dimension name (D1@sketch1). NOTE: If your within an assembly DT then you will not be able to control the part sketch and features within the assy DT. You must in-context your part sketches and features within the assembly to control them within an assy DT. Easiest way to control a part is use of planes within the assy, then control the plane location within the Assy DT.

After you have a parameter within a DT, you add the value of the dimension name below.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back